A few weeks ago, I felt called to make waffles. I was basically drawn to the store, dragged there! No matter what I did, I was unable to leave the store without this waffle maker! I thought to myself, how wonderful would it be to share waffle recipes to my readers? They would absolutely love to try some healthy waffle recipes. Unfortunately, this means many days of trial-and-error and having to taste-test every siiiiingle recipe. Man, what a rough life I have! Having to eat these things. Who wants to eat these pieces of heaven every weekend? 😉
Well let’s just say you can call me the Waffle Queen now. With the help of my Sous Chef Zach aka my swolemate, we have many many tasty waffle recipes coming your way.
Some are traditional recipes for when you want a “cheat” meal. Some are healthier recipes using protein-based products.
Regardless of which type they are, I can guarantee you will not be upset you made them.
So drumroll please…….
I am beyond excited to introduce to you the 1st official Beautiful to the Core Waffle Wednesday recipe:
Original Belgian Waffles with Strawberry Sauce
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites only until a peak forms. Then add in the sugar and continue to beat until peaks form. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, and vanilla.
- Now mix the small bowl into the large bowl. Then stir in the melted butter.
- Lastly, fodl in the medium mixing bowl ingredients.
- Now you are ready to pour the finished batter onto the hot waffle maker.
This extraordinary recipe calls for an extra special, homemade topping.
So today, I also share with you a healthy & homemade strawberry sauce!
Strawberry Sauce Recipe
Warm a saucepan on the stove that has: ¼ cup water, 4 packets of Stevia, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp cornstarch. Then slice up ¾ a carton of strawberries, add them to the pan, and simmer them for 5 minutes; stirring every minute. Serve warm!