Our 2nd waffle recipe is a healthier one. But you wouldn’t know it unless you saw the nutritional content. It is delicious. After trying it out, it was one of my favorites! Probably because I love apples and used to eat one everyday in college. Takes me back to the old days…
Anyways, let’s get back to the waffle talk. This one is made up mainly of vanilla whey protein and oats. This one would be a great one to refrigerate or freeze and microwave later for a quick snack!
Since it is basically a plain, protein waffle it would be great with many other toppings as well!
For our apple topping, all you must do is chop up ¼ of an apple and mix it with 1 tsp lemon juice or water & sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 1 cup oat flour (blend or grind oats in food processor)
- 1 ½ scoops of vanilla whey protein (we used Beverly International brand)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Then mix in the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Cook on waffle maker
- Serve warm