Today I want to share a very simple recipe. I sometimes like whole wheat options, so we have created a whole wheat waffle recipe that incorporates protein for you health nuts! When it comes to nutrition, the more protein the better, right?!?
So this recipe is extremely simple with only 5 ingredients. Then we topped it with a diced up pear to add some sweetness!
One great aspect about this recipe is that you probably already have all the waffle ingredients in your cabinet. So it is an easy one to whip up when that random waffle craving creeps up on you 🙂
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ scoops of vanilla protein (we used Beverly International brand)
- (1 Pear for topping, if desired)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all 5 ingredients until smooth
- Cook in waffle maker (do not over-fill because it expands)