Today’s recipe is a perfect one for breakfast. The waffle is a plain waffle with pieces of cheese in it. Then we sandwiched some sunny-side-up eggs!
So you get some Carbs & Protein with this one!
In our waffle mix, we used Reduced Fat Colby Jack cheese. However, you can use another kind if you’d like.
At first, I thought it would need something else for taste. But honestly, just adding the egg provided the perfect combination of flavor.
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup original greek yogurt (chobani)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 2 slices of reduced fat colby jack cheese, sliced up into tiny pieces (can use shredded cheese instead)
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Then cook batter in waffle iron .