This week’s Waffle Wednesday is a yummy one!
It is CHURRO waffles! Basically heaven in your mouth.
This waffle is a vanilla protein waffle dipped in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Recipe Type: waffles
- ⅓ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¾ scoop vanilla protein powder (we used Beverly International)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mix the waffle ingredients in a bowl. Be sure to mix up the melted coconut oil quickly before it hardens.
- Bake waffle in waffle iron.
- Let it cool.
- Then make the topping by melting the butter in a tupperware or bowl.
- Make a second bowl with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip both sides of the waffle in it.
- Then immediately after, dip it into the sugar/cinnamon bowl.