This Cinco de Mayo should be all about some yummy Mexican food! So splurge a little bit with these Taco’s that are sure to sizzle your tastebuds!
These taco’s are made with being health-conscious in mind. Healthier choices were made for every ingredient. And time was taken into account by making it a crockpot meal! So you can get it started in the morning before work, and come home to a meal ready to please you and some friends or family!
- 16 oz Pica salsa
- 1 lb chicken breasts, fat trimmed off
- 1 15 oz can of reduced-sodium black beans
- 1 cup of reduced-fat 4 cheese mexican shredded cheese
- 10 Low-carb, whole wheat tortillas
- ½ tsp each of Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Cilantro (if desired)
- In a crockpot on low, pour in the salsa and black beans. Then place the whole chicken breasts in. Cook for 8 hours.
- Afterwards, remove the chicken only from the crockpot. Shred it. Then place it back in the crockpot.
- Add the shredded cheese, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients in the crockpot around.
- Now fill each taco tortilla with the mixture and top with cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Makes 10 tacos
1 serving = 1 taco
- Protein per serving: 21.2g
- Carbs per serving: 26.9g
- Fat per serving: 5.15g
- Calories per serving: 186