I am pretty sure SORENESS is an experience everyone goes through. Some of us more than others. It is a normal experience post-workout. Should it happen after every workout? No. But part of the time? Yes. So when it comes to the muscle recovery process, we need to know some things to help us battle the soreness. Especially when it is post-leg-day soreness (i.e. waddling around like a penguin & being in anguish while trying to pop a squat on the toilet seat).
Here are the best ways to improve muscle recovery when sore:
- Stretch & Foam roll to improve flexibility and muscle elasticity
- Get a Massage every once in awhile to work through tension and improve muscle balance
- Eat within 30min of your workout to replenish and repair- Carbs & Protein
- Do some light cardio to stimulate blood flow and provide an active recovery
- Drink BCAA’s towards the end of your workout to speed up recovery
- Have a good sleeping pattern that is consistent