Battle Ropes 101
More and more gyms are getting battle ropes. I am not surprised! They are intimidating at first. But if you give them a shot, you’ll be surprised at how well they burn you out! This is a great Battling Ropes Workout to do at the end of your workout to fatigue your muscles completely. And I mean, completely.
Battle Ropes or heavy ropes are anchored to a wall or around a sturdy post. Then held at each end. Since they are “heavy” they add resistance to each exercise which is a great benefit from muscle building.
They truly are a total body workout because you must engage every muscle to prevent yourself from falling over. I love giving these to my clients on their plyometric workout days and they enjoy the challenge! For info on my membership or coaching plans, visit www.beautifultothecore.com/coaching.
I want to share some battle ropes exercise ideas
You could set a goal of sets/reps or you could set a goal for time. For example, 4 sets of 20 reps or 4 sets of 15sec.
Battling Ropes Exercises (See Video below)
- Static Alternating wave- raise arms up and down alternating, creating two waves (as pictured)
- Squat alternating wave- same as #1 however perform a squat
- Kneeling to Standing alternating wave- alternate between kneeling and standing
- Good Mornings alternating wave- hinge forward at your hips and then stand back up straight
- Circles- make circles to the left or to the right
- Jumping jacks- perform jumping jacks as usual while holding the rope in each hand
Battling Ropes Plyometric Exercises (See Video Below)
- Bench Skaters- Place one foot on the bench, then jump up and over to the other side to place your other foot on the bench
- Bench Hops- Stand with one foot on either side of the bench, then jump up onto the bench
- Jumping Lunges- Start in a lunge, then jump up and switch into a lunge on the other leg
PS- Like my POWER HOUR top? I get many of my gym outfits from Carbon38.com and you can too!
Use my discount code “stephaniedor50” for 25% off your first order.
Try these exercises out and comment below to let me know what you think!