How do you achieve body recomposition after a bikini competition? Let’s find out…
After competing, you're liking feeling leaner than ever. But perhaps calories have gotten low, you're working out more than ever, and you're exhausted.
How do you return to a more normal and consistent health routine that's sustainable without gaining weight back quick?
First step is to have a Reverse Dieting program in place. That will help you slowly increase calories back to a maintenance range. Doing this in a slow manner may help you gain back weight slowly as opposed to quickly which is often easier to mentally handle.
Decide what your next physique goal is
Once you have a reverse dieting plan in motion, you'll likely spend 3-6 months going through that process.
At this time, you should decide what your next goal is for your body:
- Body Recomposition (gain muscle & lose body fat)
- Maintenance (maintain weight; maintain body comp)
- Muscle Gain (gain muscle and likely some body fat)
These are your three options.
Based on your decision, you can then decide where your future calories will land.
- If your goal is body recomposition, you'll want calories to reverse diet slowly up to about a slight calorie deficit for you
- If your goal is maintenance, you'll want calories to reverse diet slowly up to maintenance calories for you
- If your goal is muscle gain, you'll want calories to reverse diet slowly up to higher than maintenance calories - a surplus
Three Things to do To Achieve Body Recomposition
If you decide to pursue body recomposition, there's more to do than simply keep calories in a tiny deficit. You also want to keep protein intake high and strength training progressing.
I've compiled all of the most important things to do to achieve body recomposition into a PDF guide for you! Print this off and take action on all of these items if you want to have the best results with your body recomposition process.
And remember that this process takes time, patience, and consistent hard work. So give yourself 3-6 months or more to truly start seeing some shifts in your body composition: you'll see yourself lean out in photos, inches should drop, but weight may stay similar as you gain muscle
Ready for that free guide? Click the button below to open it.
And as always, if you'd like any guidance with the Body Recomp process, look into online coaching with me!